Because April 30th falls on a Sunday, applications must be postmarked by Monday, May 1st, 2017.
Getting ready for college next year? DeKalb Music Boosters has college scholarships available for students who have been involved in music at DHS. Scholarships are available for music majors, as well as non-music majors. Click on the “Forms” tab above to get the application.
April 29th – Kishwaukee Country Club
DeKalb Music Boosters Night at the Races: Talk Derby to Me!
$35/person gets you 8 betting tickets, heavy hors d’ oeuvres and dessert, a performance by DHS ensembles and a ton of fun! Cash bar will be available. Wear your best hat and participate in the hat contest!
Race Winning Prizes include:
– DHS Parking Pass for 2017-18
– Chicago Cubs Autographed photo of Hector Rondon
– Jumer’s Casino & Hotel Overnight Package
– Chicago White Sox autographed baseball – David Robertson #30
– Studio One Spray Tan Package
– Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestra 2017-18 Season Tickets for 2 plus 2 tickets to their May 6, 2017 concert
– Debbie’s Dance Dimensions – 4 Free dance lessons
– Egg Haven gift card- $10
– Jonamac Orchard gift package including: 4 admissions to the Corn Maze/Haunted Maze, 4 admissions to the Wine Tasting in the Cider House & a $25.00 gift certificate
– Rosati’s Gift certificates – $50
– Rockford Symphony Orchestra gift certificate – $75
– Chicago Botanic Garden Package- A Day at the Chicago Botanic Garden
– DHS Band Gift Basket – Ireland Inspired
– DHS Choir Gift Basket- New York Inspired
– DHS Orchestra Gift Basket – New Orleans Inspired
Grand Prize: Home Entertainment Package including a Samsung 40″ Flat Screen Television, Blu Ray player and Surround Sound Speaker System!
Go to the Contacts tab and ask for an invite to purchase tickets!
Getting ready for college next year? DeKalb Music Boosters has college scholarships available for students who have been involved in music at DHS. Scholarships are available for music majors, as well as non-music majors. Click on the “Forms” tab above to get the application. Applications must be postmarked by April 30th, 2017
Congratulations to our D428 Middle School Orchestras: CRMS 7/8 Concert Orchestra, CRMS 6th First Year Orchestra and HMS Chamber Orchestra, all are headed to IGSMA State Contest! All were high scoring groups in Crystal Lake on Saturday. Go J Barbs!
DeKalb High School’s very own Enharmonic Fusion will be heading to NYC in April to compete in the finals at the International Championship of High School A Cappella. This group of 18 students is one of the top 10 best high school a cappella teams in the country and they are so grateful for this opportunity. If you’d like to help offset the cost of their trip, please keep an eye out for these donation jars that have been placed at the following locations: Pizza Villa, Jamrah Middle Eastern Cuisine, The Junction Eating Place, Studio One, Rositas, The Hillside, Tapa Luna, Lehan Drugs, Happy Wok, Ducky’s Formal Wear, Dolce Vita Salon & Day Spa, and The Lincoln Inn.
Enharmonic Fusion is DeKalb High School’s premiere a cappella group, and they just won the ICHSA Midwest Semi-finals making them eligible to compete at the 2017 ICHSA National Finals in New York City, on April 21, 2017.
They are hoping to raise $23,000.00 to cover expenses associated with competing at the event, such as airfare and hotel accommodations, as well as tickets to attend the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella (ICCA) National Finals held in New York City on April 22, 2017.
A donation of any amount would be immensely appreciated.